The INREV online course Investing in Joint Ventures and Club Deals consists of a series of five sessions spread over a period of two weeks from 3 - 12 November 2020.
With institutional investors in search of greater involvement with investment managers and more control over their investments, the market has witnessed a shift towards Joint Ventures (JV) and Club Deal (CD) structures. According to the INREV Investment Intentions Survey, Joint Ventures and Club Deals are the second preferred route of entry of capital for real estate allocations.
In this INREV online course participants will have the chance to examine market practice and developments, the principal definitions and characteristics of Joint Ventures and Club Deals, common structures and their tax considerations.
And it will provide partiicipants with a better understanding of the opportunities that can be found in this type of investment vehicle, the formation, operation and termination of real estate joint ventures and club deals, as well further guidance in managing potential issues that may arise.
It will cover the following topics:
- Rationale for investing through JVs or CDs from both the investor and investment manager perspectives
- Definitions and business terms
- Selecting the right partners: are JVs and CDs for everyone?
- Corporate governance and operational aspects
- Lessons learnt
Who should attend this online course?
The online course is aimed at experienced professionals with several years of practice within the non-listed real estate investment industry. Course participants include institutional investors and investment managers who are currently considering entering a Joint Venture or Club Deal, or who are already involved in managing such products and wish to improve their knowledge of various related aspects.
Upon completion of the online course participants will be able to:
- Understand the key business and legal terms and structures in real estate Joint Ventures and Club Deals
- Have a good overview of the products including their common contractual provisions and liquidity mechanisms
- Gain specific knowledge concerning execution and operational risks
- Identify potential areas of dispute and misalignment
This online course is open to members and non-members and it counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.