The INREV Fund Structuring: Tax and Regulatory Considerations online course will provide delegates with a practical understanding of tax and legal aspects that need to be taken into consideration when structuring a new vehicle.
This online course, which consists of a series of four sessions across two weeks, enables participants to acquire a good understanding of where fund structuring sits in the regulatory landscape as well as the key tax and legal drivers of a robust and efficient non-listed real estate vehicle structure.
Topics covered include efficient tax structures from both a fund strategy and investor point of view and the impact of legal considerations on the corporate governance framework. The course will also examine the effect of new tax and regulatory regimes on the non-listed real estate industry with a special focus on the implications ATAD (Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive), BREXIT and MiFID II.
With a mix of lectures, group discussions and case studies, participants will learn how to execute and integrate tax and legal considerations into the fund structuring process.
The course will cover:
- Regulatory challenges for fund structuring;
- Tax considerations: for the investor, the vehicle, and the assets;
- Recent developments in the changing tax landscape e.g. ATAD;
- Building in the right corporate governance framework to fund structuring;
- Best practice in fund terms and legal documentation;
Who should attend?
The course will be of interest to experienced professionals in the non-listed real estate industry who wish to gain an understanding of fund structuring or refresh their knowledge. Applicants should have several years of experience within the real estate funds industry and a good working knowledge of the regulatory environment and as well as tax considerations for funds. Participants are likely to be from the legal/counsel teams from investors and managers, and also participants from legal and tax advisors.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will:
- Be able to recognise and analyse the key tax and legal drivers of effective fund structuring;
- Have gained a good overview of the regulatory issues that should be considered when investing;
- Have a good understanding of the recent changes and trends in fund structuring.
This course is open to members and non-members and counts towards the INREV/Henley Certificate for Non-Listed Real Estate Investments.