INREV, the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles, is a non-profit association that seeks to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice in the non-listed real estate investment industry. The Association has grown from its launch in May 2003 to more than 430 corporate members, representing over 4,000 individual member representatives, from all over Europe and beyond.
INREV’s activities range from data collection and research, to the publication of industry guidelines and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry.
The organisation is supported by an office team in Amsterdam which currently exists of 28 people.
As our Finance Associate, you are responsible for carrying out the day to day tasks in the accounting department which includes maintenance of the general ledger, managing debtors’ and creditors’ balances, preparation of various (foreign and domestic) VAT declarations and support with quarterly and annual financial reporting. Together with the team you are responsible for correct and complete financial records.
As many processes have been automated such as the processing of incoming invoices with scan & recognition software and digital authorisation solutions, part of the role is to maintain these systems and to think along in improving efficiency through automation even further.
- Process incoming invoices, expense reports and credit card statements
- Invoicing of membership fees, events and training courses
- Monitor and control debtors’ and creditors’ balances
- Daily processing of bank statements (and petty cash)
- Prepare weekly payments
- Maintenance of various suspense accounts on the balance sheet
- Input of monthly salary journals
- Preparation of various (domestic and foreign) VAT declarations and other tax forms like US withholding tax statements etc.
- Assist with preparing quarterly and annual financial reports
- Respond to various queries of members, suppliers and colleagues and maintain the email inbox of the finance department
- Work together with the Membership Administrator on maintaining high data quality in our CRM system
Role in the Team
The Finance Associate reports directly to the Head of Finance and Administration.
- Degree in accounting / business administration
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, both written and spoken (English is INREV’s working language)
- Experience with AccountView software is an asset
- Working experience at an accountancy firm is a plus
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Strong affinity with automation
- Ability to work independently
- High level of integrity
- Self-motivated and a hands-on mentality
- Dedicated and flexible
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- A competitive remuneration package
- Becoming part of a leading pan-European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a high pace
- Approximately 24 hours a week
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Paul Boske, Head of Finance and Administration firstname.lastname@example.org +31 (0)20 235 8611.