INREV – the European Associations for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles - is looking for a Junior Events Manager to support its events team in their delivery of the annual INREV events calendar. The Junior Events Manager will be a highly organized, experienced events professional with great interpersonal skills.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for the sharing of knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. Our goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practices across the industry, making the non-listed real estate investment industry more accessible and attractive to investors. We are a highly active association, and work for and with our members.
The INREV team currently has 28 people, with 25 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office, and is currently growing. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement. New team members will be expected to share in this, contributing ideas on setting high service standards, increasing knowledge of INREV and expanding the associations’ competitiveness.
INREV offers members a range of seminars, conferences and round table discussions to stay ahead of the latest trends in non-listed real estate and provides members with an excellent forum to network with industry peers.
As a Junior Events Manager you will support the events team with the organization and execution of the INREV annual events calendar. This calendar includes three key non-listed real estate events tailored to different member groups (C-level, mid-level and Young Professionals), but also smaller local events in our members markets across Europe and seminars & activities at real estate industry wide events. All events have a strong focus on high quality content and our speakers range from leading industry commentators to global leadership experts.
The events are organized in accessible locations across Europe and North America. Your role will include the arrangements and logistics with the venues and speakers and manage all aspects of member participation/registration. Additionally, you will manage internal processes for example in liaison with the finance team for the payment process.
This role requires excellent written, communication, organizational and inter-personal skills, as you will be coordinating and working with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- Develop program for the smaller events and support Head of Events with larger key events
- Manage communication with speakers, and the speaker’s offices for logistic arrangements but also actively participate in pre-calls with speakers and working groups
- Prepare delegate materials (name badges, delegates lists, conference folders/materials) and liaison with various designers to deliver programs and other events material
- Drive the overall member registration process, including member enquiries, payments, and evaluations
- Liaise with and managing the venues for smaller events and provide onsite support for all events
- Liaising with marketing and communications department on possible event promotions, including weekly newsletters
The Junior Events Manager is part of INREV’s events team which works closely with other department to ensure market relevant topics and to deliver best quality content programs. You will report directly to the Head of Events.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience in the field of events management
- Bachelor degree or similar level of education
- Previous experience in the financial industry or equivalent is a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communication with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds including business stakeholders (i.e. INREV membership) but also suppliers like hotels, conference venues, DMC’s and Audio-Visual suppliers
- Experience with Office 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) and CRM systems
- Excellent project management skills, proactive, very hands-on, sociable and flexible
- Native English speaker or native equivalent English, written and spoken. Additional European languages is a plus
- Self-starter, with a flexible attitude and a team player who is capable to work independently and motivated to take owner-ship
- Strong organisation skills with outstanding attention for detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Assertive and strong communicator able to work with all different stakeholders
- Becoming part of a leading European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a fast pace.
- A young, energetic and multicultural team
- Full time (40 hours a week) / annual leave of 25 days plus Dutch public holidays
- Based in Amsterdam. Overnight travel is part of the role.
- To start asap
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Hedda Hollander, Head of Events email@example.com +31 (0)20 235 8602.