ESG or Environmental, Social and Governance factors as otherwise known, continue to become a critical consideration for the real estate industry, globally and an important consideration in the decision making process of investors.
A Real Impact – the role of real estate in advancing the ESG agenda
Real Estate plays a pivotal role for the environment, social considerations, and governance of our societies. The real estate sector contributes 30% of global annual GHG emissions and consumes around 40% of the world’s energy, according to the UN Environmental Programme. Further, real estate is recognised as having a key role in meeting the 17 SDG’s (Sustainable Development Goals) of the United Nations.
INREV is here to support its members in engaging with the ESG agenda by way of a range of insights, definitions, standardised templates and best practice recommendations. These are:
- ESG Library
- GDD - Global Definitions Database
- DDQ – Due Diligence Questionnaire (Appendices on Climate Risk and Impact Investing)
- Sustainability reporting guidelines and recommendations
- Regulatory guides and considerations
- Insights including an Impact Investing paper
- Events and Training opportunities
- On-demand recordings
Stay tuned to INREV News when next week we’ll be looking at the ESG regulations.