The UK edition of the Investor Universe Study focuses on investors domiciled in the UK. The study looks at real estate’s role in UK institutional investment, describing the overall investment landscape as well as investigating investors’ motivations for holding real estate, and the ways these are being implemented.
The study is the third in a series of 8 country specific studies which explore the institutional investor landscape and the size of the institutional universe.
Key highlights include:
- Pension fund contributions are the main source of capital for UK institutional investors
- UK pension fund allocations to real estate appear lower than in other Europe countries
- The high and stable level of income return is a key attraction for UK investors as are its diversification benefits
- Long income funds are increasingly favored by UK investors
- A main challenge for the real estate industry is to find a way for Defined Contribution pension funds to invest in the asset class
Download the report and snapshot