The Swedish edition of the Investor Universe Study focuses on Investors domiciled in Sweden. The study looks at real estate's role in Swedish institutional investment, describing the overall investment landscape as well as investigating investors' motivations for holding real estate, and the ways these are being implemented.
The study is the first in a series of 8 country specific studies which explore the institutional investor landscape and the size of the institutional universe.
Key highlights include:
- Swedish real estate investor landscape is dominated by the pensions industry
- Real estate forms 12.8% of the overall portfolio for Swedish investors
- Maintaining strategic control is a key motivation
- Swedish investors are still positive about real estate: risk-adjusted returns are expected to stay attractive
- Sustainability has risen up the agenda to help reduce risks as well as for ethical reasons
Download the report and snapshot