INREV – the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles – is looking for a Communication Manager to develop and execute communications plans that support the marketing and business development objectives of INREV. The Communications Manager will be a natural storyteller with excellent writing and editing skills with SEO experience and brand awareness.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for the sharing of knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. Our goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practices across the industry, making the non-listed real estate investment industry more accessible and attractive to investors. We are a highly active association, and work for and with our members.
The INREV team currently has 28 people, with 25 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office, and is currently growing. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement. New team members will be expected to share in this, contributing ideas on setting high service standards, increasing knowledge of INREV and expanding the associations’ competitiveness.
The Communications Manager will develop key messages for target audiences, create stories around our brand and products and services and be responsible for the writing, editing, production and publishing of communications content such as website, brochures, newsletters, promotional emails, reports, snapshots, articles and bylines, with a focus on SEO. It will be your role to successfully communicate the benefits of membership and monitor and align messaging around industry trends and changing needs.
You will manage the communication programme to make sure that it is fully integrated with all department objectives and integrated with the marketing / business development initiatives and activities. The Communications Manager will ensure that INREV is actively engaged with the right target audience at the right time to promote INREV news through industry events, speaking and media opportunities.
This role requires excellent written, communication, organisational and inter-personal skills, as you will be coordinating and working with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- Develop stories to promote INREV’s product line and the benefits that membership offers, for articles, video scripts, presentations, by-lines, newsletters
- Manage the production of the IQ, INREV’s quarterly members magazine
- Track SEO performance and continuously update website content to ensure consistency, gain relevant traffic and maximise SEO
- Develop and execute communication plans and write creative briefs
- Liase with PR agency to optimise media opportunities and spread coverage
- Further develop INREV’s brand guidelines, ensure that the writing guidelines are fully up-to-date, adhered to and easy to implement
The Communications Manager is part of INREV’s marketing communications team but works with every department to ensure consistent messaging and strong brand consistency. You will report directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications and work very closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure all activity fits within the overall marketing strategy.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a communications role, preferably in the financial services, real estate investment industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing or PR related subject
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Understands the concepts of and has experience with branding
- Native English speaker or native equivalent English, written and spoken. Additional European languages a plus.
- Experience with content management systems, such as Drupal
- Affinity with interaction design and improving user experience a plus
- Become part of a leading European association that is representing, promoting and shaping a fast-paced and growing industry
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- Full time (40 hours a week) / annual leave of 25 days per year plus Dutch public holidays
- Based in Amsterdam. Overnight travel may be required. To start asap
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Johlyn da Prato, Head of Marketing and Communications email@example.com +31 (0)20 235 8603.
See also opening for INREV Marketing Manager.