ANREV – the Asian Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles and INREV - the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles are looking for a Data Scientist to support the execution of strategic IT Roadmap and to integrate and streamline data collection.
ANREV is the Asian association for Investors in Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles, Asia Pacific's leading platform for the sharing of knowledge on the non-listed real estate funds sector. ANREV’s goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practices across the industry, making non-listed real estate funds more accessible and attractive to investors.
In many respects ANREV’s key output and services are modelled on the work of INREV. Some of ANREV’s founding member corporations have strong links with INREV’s early development so there is a common ancestry between the two organisations, though they are separate entities.
ANREV and INREV work together very closely on a product matrix of output which means there is regular interaction between Board members, senior staff and the operations teams on both sides.
ANREVs Executive Office is in Hong Kong where a team of 13 staff run the association’s output and services across the Asia Pacific region. In addition, there is a regional director based in Europe.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for sharing knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. INREV’s goals are very similar to ANREV, but with a focus on the European non-listed real estate industry.
INREV’s activities range from data collection and research, to the publication of industry guidelines and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry.
The INREV team currently has 30 people, with 27 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office.
The two associations ANREV and INREV are working together to strengthen their position as the industry data collector and distributor on non-listed real estate data. ANREV and INREV have grown a substantial amount of market information data over the years, reported by investment managers and investors, and need a unified and consolidated approach to leverage this data and make it available in a practical, accessible, and connected way. This creates enormous opportunities for new market research and data analysis for members.
You will support ANREV and INREV in developing and implementing new data collection and data warehouse tools. You will represent ANREV, but you will be based in Amsterdam, working closely together with INREV’s digital product team under the supervision of the data team lead and will report to INREV’s Director of Technology and Digital Transformation .
A solid technical background and curiosity about the industry, technology, and data driven products is essential.
- Support INREV’s digital product team in designing and implementing new data collection tools;
- Supervise ANREV data imports and data quality within the data warehouse;
- Support ANREV’s business functions in adopting to the launch of new software tools;
- Coordinate ANREV’s IT software vendors in their integration to new data collection tools;
- Translate technical findings to a non-technical team, such as ANREV’s research & market information, professional standards, and events teams;
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Continuously learn about new practices in real estate data analysis to support INREV and ANREV as thought leaders in this space.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in the field of Economics, Business Intelligence, Information Science, or another relevant degree;
- Relevant work experience regarding complex data issues and/or BI consulting;
- Demonstrable experience in modelling data and data flow;
- Demonstrable experience in software development;
- Demonstrable technical experience with Python and SQL and general data science techniques;
- Demonstrable experience with Cloud computing and Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Experience with ETL reporting/analytic tools, environments, and data structures;
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau or qlik software;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV).
- Experience in the finance industry or real estate investments;
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, assertive and a strong communicator
- Analytically minded, high level of precision and meticulous attention to detail
- Team player, and able to work independently
- Hours: 40 hours a week
- Based in Amsterdam
- Overnight travel to the ANREV Office in Hong Kong will be required
No recruitment agencies please.
Any questions about this position please reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to apply, you can do it here.