INREV has grown a substantial amount of market information data over the years, reported by investors and investment managers, and it needs a unified and consolidated approach to leverage this data and make it available in a practical, accessible, and connected way. This creates enormous opportunities for new market research and data analysis for its members.
The Data Scientist has a crucial role in making this a reality and strengthen INREV as the industry reference for data collector and distributor on non-listed real estate data. A solid technical background and curiosity about the industry, technology, and data driven products is essential.
- Support INREV’s research team as lead data scientist through statistical modeling;
- Supervise data imports and data quality within INREV’s data warehouse;
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other data sources;
- Translate technical findings to a non-technical team, such as the as research & market Information, professional standards, public affairs, events, training and communications;
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- Support software engineers in designing and implementing warehouse database structures;
- Continuously learn about newest practice in real estate data analysis to support INREV as a thought leader in this space;
- Bachelor Degree, in the field of Economics, Business Intelligence, Information Science, or another relevant degree;
- Relevant work experience regarding complex data issues and/or BI consulting;
- Demonstrable experience in modelling data and data flow;
- Demonstrable experience in data warehousing, ETL, and dimensional modelling techniques;
- Experience with techniques such as SQL and Scripting;
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools, environments, and data structures;
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV).
- Experience in the Finance industry or Real Estate Investments;
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI, data model predictions, etc;
- Knowledge of, and experience with Agile and/or SCRUM.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, assertive and a strong communicator
- Analytically minded, high level of precision and meticulous attention to detail
- Team player, and able to work responsibly alone
- Becoming part of a leading European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a high pace
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- A competitive salary
- Hours: 40 hours a week
- Appointment will be based initially on an annual contract
- Based in Amsterdam
- Overnight travel may be required