INREV, the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles, is a non-profit association that seeks to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice in the non-listed real estate investment industry. The Association has grown from its launch in May 2003 to more than 400 corporate members, representing over 4,000 individual member representatives, from all over Europe and beyond.
INREV’s activities range from research and market information, to the publication of industry guidelines, dialogues with policy makers and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry.
The organisation is supported by an office team in two locations, Amsterdam and Brussels. The INREV team currently exists of approximately twenty-five people.
The principle role of the IT Manager is to oversee all IT functions at INREV by working closely with internal staff, IT vendors as well as writing code. On the basis of its existing software portfolio, INREV is strategically focusing on a data driven approach to advance transparency, professionalism and best practices in the industry. The IT Manager is a focal point in realizing this vision.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation as a developer, an entrepreneurial spirit and can creatively express product development through code and system architecture. A solid technical background and curiosity about the industry, technology, and data driven products is essential. As a result, candidates need to be capable of helping the organization to deal with the growing among of data INREV receives through its tools and can think of long-term solutions towards increased focus on technology and digitalization of the real estate industry.
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Write, review and adjust code
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs while pushing for strategic consolidation across IT operations.
- Inspect and communicate with the technology providers to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data and information safety
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and report them to the management team
- Understand the business needs behind internal projects and ad-hoc member requests, and design and develop effective solutions to deliver each in a desired output
- Assist in building relationships with technology providers and vendors to create cost-efficient contracts
- Work closely with affiliate associations across the globe, such as ANREV, NCREIF and PREA, on new and existing joint projects for further development and to ensure ongoing improvements
- Actively contribute from an IT perspective to other INREV focus areas, such as research & market information, professional standards, public affairs, events, training and communications
Technical skills requirements:
- Proven experience as developer as well as basic managerial experience
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Java script and PHP
- Experience with at least one Relational Database, preferably MySQL, (MSSQL and / or Access)
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of system architecture, database systems, networks, data security, etc.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- At least 3-5 years of work experience as a software engineer
- Proven communication skills that build trusting partnerships with INREV's internal team, partners, members and vendors
- Entrepreneurial mind set to support departments in product development through technical expertise
- Proven hands-on technical management
- A strong team player and able to work independently with the ability to lead by example
- Open approach to new ideas and technologies
- Must have the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV)
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated
- Analytically minded, assertive and a strong communicator
- Team player, and able to work responsibly alone
- A superb opportunity to help shape this rapidly growing organisation
- Becoming part of a leading European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a high pace
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- A competitive remuneration package
- Hours: 40 hours a week (5 x 8 hour days)
- Appointment will be based initially on an annual contract
- Based in Amsterdam
- Overnight may be travel required
NOTE: This job description is non-exhaustive, and is subject to regular review with the post holder and amended in line with the needs of the organisation.