INREV – the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles – is looking for a Professional Standards Associate to support the maintenance and further development of the INREV Guidelines and industry standards.
INREV is a non-profit association that seeks to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice in the non-listed real estate investment industry. The Association has grown from its launch in May 2003 to close to 500 corporate members, representing over 5,000 individual member representatives, from all over Europe and beyond. INREV’s activities range from data collection and research, to the publication of industry guidelines and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry.
The organisation is supported by two offices, one in Amsterdam and one in Brussels. The multicultural and growing team currently consists of close to thirty people.
The Professional Standards Associate supports the Director of Professional Standards to further develop and strengthen the INREV Guidelines, which are leading industry standards, best practices, guidelines and online assessment tools to help its members throughout their investment process.
This role involves working together with several INREV’s Committees towards the development and adoption of the INREV Guidelines, with a focus on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Due Diligence aspects.
The role includes reviewing and refining content in line with market developments, receiving and implementing member feedback and developing new industry guidance, tools and examples with the aim to increase adoption. Projects involve both online and offline developments.
In addition, it involves coordinating with the Events and Education and the Marketing and Communication departments to support the awareness, education and implementation strategy of the guidelines and standards.
The role also involves managing the relevant committees and working groups and to build and maintain a network with members to encourage their participation in INREV projects.
- Manage and review the guidelines and standards with a focus on ESG, corporate governance and due diligence with the support of expertise in committees and working groups. This includes an active role in the design and execution of various digital projects.
- Contribute to the education and implementation of the guidelines and standards by investment managers and investors in non-listed real estate vehicles through working together with other departments and contribute to publications, conferences, workshops and other events.
- Manage, support and work closely with the relevant committees and working groups.
- Actively contribute to the development of global standards by working closely with other industry associations and managing topic-focused task forces.
The Professional Standards Associate is part of INREV’s Professional Standards team which works closely with other department to ensure that the different areas of professional standards are fully integrated in INREV’s events and training courses but also aligned with our research, market information and public affairs activities. You will report directly to the Director of Professional Standards.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a project management role, preferably in the real estate investment industry, financial services or alternative investment sector (fund administration, Big4, etc.). Experience in non-listed real estate is a plus.
- Academic level, bachelor or master’s degree in a field related to real estate, economics, business, finance or law.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds including business stakeholders, ie, INREV members.
- Excellent project management skills and analytical skills, proactive, very hands-on, sociable and flexible.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in written and spoken English. Additional European languages are a plus.
- Self-starter, with a flexible attitude and a team player who is capable to work independently and motivated to take ownership.
- Become part of a leading European association that is representing, promoting and shaping a fast-paced and growing industry.
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team.
- Full time (40 hours a week) / annual leave of 25 days per year plus Dutch public holidays.
- Based in Amsterdam. Overnight travel may be required. To start asap.
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Constantin Sorlescu, Director of Professional Standards email@example.com +31 (0)20 235 8616.