INREV – the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles – is looking for a Professional Standards Associate to support the maintenance and further development of the INREV Guidelines and industry standards.
INREV is a non-profit association that seeks to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice in the non-listed real estate investment industry. The Association has grown from its launch in May 2003 to more than 435 corporate members, representing over 5,000 individual member representatives, from all over Europe and beyond. INREV’s activities range from data collection and research, to the publication of industry guidelines and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry.
The organisation is supported by two offices, one in Amsterdam and one in Brussels. The multicultural and growing team currently exists of twenty-seven people.
The Professional Standards Associate supports the Senior Professional Standards Manager to further develop and maintain the INREV Guidelines, which are industry standards, best practices, guidelines and online assessment tools to help its members throughout their investment process.
This role involves working together with several INREV’s Committees towards the development and adoption of the INREV Guidelines, with a focus on Due Diligence and Environment, Social and Governance aspects.
The role includes refining and revising content in line with market developments, receiving and implementing members feedback and introducing new guidance, tools and examples with an aim to increase adoption. Projects involve both online and offline developments.
In addition, it involves coordinating with the event and training department to support the education and implementation of the guidelines and standards.
The role also involves managing the relevant committees and working groups and to build and maintain a European network with members to encourage their participation in INREV projects.
- Manage and review the guidelines and standards with a focus on sustainability, corporate governance and due diligence with the support of expertise in committees and working groups. This includes an active role in the design and execution of various digital projects.
- Contribute to the education and implementation of the guidelines and standards by investment managers and investors in non-listed real estate vehicles through working with the events and training team and contribute to publications, conferences, members ‘workshops and other events.
- Manage, support and work closely with the relevant committees and working groups.
- Actively contribute to the development of global standards by working closely with other industry associations and managing topic-focused task forces.
The Professional Standards Associate is part of INREV’s Professional Standards team which works closely with other department to ensure that the different areas of professional standards are fully integrated in INREV’s events and trainings but also aligned with our research, market information and public affairs activities. You will report directly to the Senior Professional Standards Manager.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a project management role, preferably in the financial services, or real estate investment industry. Experience with the non-listed real estate is a plus.
- Academic level, bachelor or master’s degree in a field related to real estate, economics, business, finance or law.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds including business stakeholders, ie, INREV members.
- Excellent project management skills, proactive, very hands-on, sociable and flexible.
- Native English speaker or native equivalent English, written and spoken. Additional European languages is a plus.
- Self-starter, with a flexible attitude and a team player who is capable to work independently and motivated to take ownership.
- Become part of a leading European association that is representing, promoting and shaping a fast-paced and growing industry.
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team.
- Full time (40 hours a week) / annual leave of 25 days per year plus Dutch public holidays.
- Based in Amsterdam. Overnight travel may be required. To start asap.
Send cover letter and CV indicating your motivation, suitability, skills and experience relevant to this role to Constantin Sorlescu, Senior Professional Standards Manager email@example.com +31 (0)20 235 8616.