This INREV one- day course will explore the concepts, tools, and strategies used in the management of portfolios of non-listed real estate investments.
It will address the importance of an ongoing and dynamic assessment of the portfolio, and the added value of an active portfolio management.
It will offer an overview of risk management and will provide an understanding of the potential pitfalls such as product and liquidity risk, general partner risk and misalignment between co-investors.
It will also look at the role liquidity and secondary trading play in the overall process and how big data and technology can support portfolio optimization.
The course will include the following topics:
- Optimising the returns of existing portfolios via active management
- Relevance and reality of liquidity mechanisms
- Portfolio metrics
- Effective risk management
- The role of the fund manager in portfolio management
All our courses are given by leading industry experts and offer the opportunity to gain practical insights into investors’ and fund managers’ views on the topic as well as the chance to participate in group discussions and case study workshops.
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at those who wish to improve their knowledge of portfolio management or who want to learn how to apply techniques for the management of a portfolio of non-listed real estate funds. This includes investors and fund managers keen to learn more about portfolio management from the investor’s perspective. The course is open to INREV members and non-members.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Learn why investors should actively manage their indirect investments
- Understand the issues behind portfolio management from the investor perspective
- Apply various techniques for optimising the returns of existing portfolios
- Understand the importance of risk management from an investor’s perspective
This course qualifies towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate