The European non-listed real estate industry has undergone a rapid transformation in the last decade. It now provides investors – including those from North America - with an accessible route to support diversification within a pan-regional or global real estate portfolio.
This INREV one-day course will be a unique opportunity to learn about best practice for fund structuring and reporting in Europe as well as to get a solid understanding of the current regulatory landscape and the implications for the industry.
It will allow participants to understand the key tax and legal drivers for robust and efficient non-listed real estate vehicles. It will offer an overview of the current regulatory regime and explore the impacts that AIFMD, the OECD BEPS Action Plan, MIFID II and Brexit are having on product development and on the overall industry.
Finally, it will look at the current reporting best practices and methodologies in the market with a focus on the INREV Reporting framework and NAV principles.
The course will include the following topics:
• Opportunities in Europe from a global investor’s perspective
• The role of INREV in the global real estate investment market
• European regulatory framework and the impact of Brexit
• Tax and legal implications for investors in Europe: how to reconcile needs and preferences of Europeans and North Americans
• Valuation and reporting best practices, including a comparison between Europe and the US
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at professionals who are already active in Europe or are considering adding European non-listed real estate vehicles to their investment portfolio; experienced professionals with several years in the industry who wish to improve their knowledge of the European market. The course will suit all types of participants including investors, fund managers and advisors.
The course is open to both INREV/NCREIF members and non-members.
The course will be given by leading industry experts from Europe with an emphasis on group discussions and a case study to allow participants to share their views. The course will be restricted to a maximum of 25 participants.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals of a non-listed real estate strategy in Europe from global an investor’s perspective
• Gain a good oversight of the regulatory environment in Europe and its impact on the industry and on product development and marketing
• Understand the tax implications of investment in Europe
• Comprehend the main aspects of the INREV Guidelines, their role in the industry and more specifically the fundamentals of INREV NAV and reporting