The INREV Annual Fund Index delivered a 2021 total return of 11.3%, a sharp recovery from 1.9% recorded in 2020
The latest annual release includes 364 funds with a combined GAV of €329.5 billion as at the end 2021.
- The 2021 annual return of 11.3% is the strongest since 2006, when an annual result of 16.3% was posted
- Capital growth of 8.1% was the main driver of performance in 2021 (up from the -1.65% in 2020), while distributed income return eased to 3.2%
- The performance gap between value add (11.6%) and core strategies (11.2%) narrowed significantly in 2021
- Industrial / logistics and residential funds showed the strongest performance among single sector strategies, with annual total returns of 26.5% and 14.3%, respectively
- Strong capital growth pushed UK focused funds to the top of single country performance strategies, with a 2021 total return of 14.8%
View detailed analysis via the Index Analysis Tool or download the report, Excel and snapshots below.
The INREV index is a performance index for the European non-listed real estate funds investing 90% of GAV or more in Europe. The INREV Index measures annual Net Asset Value based performance. The information for the annual index goes back to 2001. The Annual Index is published in the third week of April. INREV members are able to analyse the INREV Index in more depth on the INREV website using the INREV Index Analysis Tool..org (47)