This INREV online course will address current issues and best practices in the due diligence process for non-listed real estate investments in the context of today's markets. The online course consists of a series of five sessions taking place between 2 and 10 March 2021.
Investors and investment managers face changing priorities in the due diligence process with governance, risk management, portfolio management, operational issues and compliance as well as ESG gaining strong attention. This course will examine the latest due diligence issues and outline how to manage business, legal and operational due diligence efficiently.
The course will begin with an investor’s view of current issues, followed by a session on investors' selection criteria, and will also include the manager’s view on how to adapt to changing needs of investors while managing the process efficiently. After these sessions the course will dive deeper into specific topics related to legal and tax due diligence, operational due diligence as well as the role of risk management and ESG.
The course will be taught by leading industry players with an emphasis on group discussions and case studies to allow participants to share their views.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The latest developments, best practices and challenges in the due diligence process for investors and managers;
- Insights into investors' selection criteria and demands;
- How to manage business, legal, and operational due diligence efficiently;
- Evaluate key ESG factors, including practical initiatives during diligence;
- Identifying key risks as part of the risk management process of the fund manager and fund;
- How INREV tools support an efficient due diligence process.
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at professionals with several years of experience within the non-listed real estate investment industry. This could be institutional investors who wish to improve their knowledge of the due diligence process and better understand the practical applications, investment managers who want to gain a better understanding of what investors are currently looking at during their selection process as well as advisors who play a role in the due diligence process.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and have a good overview of due diligence best practice in the non-listed real estate industry for both investors and investment managers;
- Identify investor's demands and key selection criteria;
- Understand current issues, including key elements of legal and regulatory implications and their impact on the due diligence process;
- Identify and understand the different risk items in the due diligence process in current markets and be able to propose solutions for these issues;
- Understand the increasing role of ESG-related factors and how to incorporate these in the process;
- Understand perspectives on portfolio management and operational due diligence.
Prerequisite eLearning module
For the Due Diligence course, INREV introduces a 45-minute eLearning module as prerequisite for participation in the online course. This additional service will provide a stepping stone to the online course, making sure that everyone is at the same level before they undertake the more advanced course.
The eLearning module "Introduction to Effective Due Diligence" will be made available for course participants via a link in the confirmation e-mail (free of charge).
This course is open to members and non-members and it counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.