Best-in-class investors, investment managers and service providers need transparency and best practices to be successful professionals and excel in the non-listed real estate industry. The ten modules of the INREV Guidelines are the key to this success. Through this online course "Ten pillars of real estate best practice: building advantage through the INREV Guidelines" you will gain a deeper appreciation of all aspects of structuring and managing vehicles from governance to reporting, sustainability considerations and exit.
Under the guidance of course leader Michael Hornsby, you will learn through videos by industry experts, interactive exercises and homework assignments. During the course you’ll also join four virtual live sessions with an opportunity to hear from, and question, our guest industry experts. You’ll also meet and work with your fellow learners for case studies and discussions. All is spread out into manageable chunks of approximately 3-5 hours of content per week.
This course is ideal for those who have a couple of years of working experience in the non-listed real estate industry from investors, investment managers, asset managers and advisors. By joining the course, participants will learn about how the INREV Guidelines can support you in your day-to-day role including:
- How to organise and structure a vehicle according to the latest best practice;
- How to calculate performance of a vehicle in a consistent way;
- What it means to have a transparent and fair valuation process;
- Practical considerations around the new Sustainability module;
- And how to conduct and/or assess an annual report.
The INREV Guidelines course is a mix of on-demand and live elements meaning you can take the course at your own pace, to fit in with your schedule as well as live sessions enabling real time interaction and the opportunity to network with industry expert presenters and course peers to maximise the course experience.
Each week will cover one or more modules of the INREV Guidelines and related practical insights:
- Module 1: Introduction to the INREV Guidelines
- Module 2: Property Valuation
- Module 3: Liquidity
- Module 4: INREV NAV
- Module 5: Fees and Expense Metrics
- Module 6: Performance Measurement
- Module 7: Reporting
- Module 8: Code of Tax Conduct
- Module 9: Governance
- Module 10: Sustainability