Effective portfolio management is crucial to achieving the strategic objectives of indirect real estate vehicles as well as supporting the delivery of returns in line with investor expectations.
The INREV Portfolio Management course addresses operational aspects such as reporting, good governance, and how to monitor the existing portfolio and assess potential risks in line with objectives. It also looks at decision-making around buy, sell and hold processes, as well as liquidity and secondary trading.
All course sessions are delivered by leading industry experts and offer the opportunity to gain practical insights into investors’ and fund managers’ views on the topic, as well as the chance to participate in group discussions and learn through real-life case studies. At the end of the course, there is also an opportunity for a Q&A with two senior investors.
The course will include the following topics:
- Monitoring an existing portfolio
- Reporting and day-to-day operational management
- Buy, sell and hold processes
- Liquidity and secondary trading considerations
- Governance: the investor’s role and best practices
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at those professionals who wish to improve their knowledge of portfolio management for an existing indirect real estate portfolio. Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand why investors should actively manage their indirect investments.
- Understand portfolio management issues from the investor perspective.
- Understand the importance of risk management in actively managing an indirect real estate portfolio.
This course is open to members and non-members, and counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.