INREV, the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles, is a non-profit association that seeks to improve transparency, professionalism and best practice in the non-listed real estate investment industry. The Association has grown from its launch in May 2003 to more than 400 corporate members, representing over 4,000 individual member representatives, from all over Europe and beyond.
INREV’s activities range from data collection and research, to the publication of industry guidelines and the organisation of events and training courses for members and the wider industry. The organisation is supported by an office team in two locations, Amsterdam and Brussels. The INREV team currently exists of approximately twenty-five people.
INREV Research is the go-to platform for global insights on the non-listed real estate industry, with a research programme that builds on INREV’s extensive proprietary data and covers a range of topics that anticipates the direction of the non-listed real estate industry globally. INREV Market Information is an independent source of comprehensive data on the non-listed real estate industry that supports all aspects of the real estate investment process, from asset allocation to performance measurement, and peer-to-peer and market comparisons.
On a day-to-day basis, the Research & Analytics Intern will be contributing to the expansion and ongoing maintenance of INREV’s research and market information products, ensuring the quality, productivity and seamless delivery. The Research & Analytics Intern will work with the Research & Market Information team to support the improvements and expansion of the data and the development of INREV market intelligence and analytics.
- Support the ongoing production, development and improvement of INREV’s research and market information products, which includes data collection, data quality checks, validation and analysis.
- Proactively reach out to members and non-members to contribute data and information to INREV: the INREV Vehicles Universes, the INREV Indices, surveys and other projects as required.
- Provide supporting data and analysis for internal and external projects that use INREV’s primary sources of information.
- Actively contribute from a research and analytics perspective to other areas of INREV, such as professional standards, public affairs, events, training and communications.
Role in the Team
The Research & Analytics Intern reports directly to the Senior Research & Analytics Manager.
- Studying for a Bachelor or Master degree, with a major in statistics, physics, engineering, mathematics or real estate.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV).
- Experience of data collection, data cleansing and analysing large datasets, writing reports, preparing and delivering presentations an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, good working knowledge of MS Office suite especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good understanding of statistical languages an advantage, in particular Python and R
- Proficient in at least one European language in addition to English, strong preference for Dutch, German, French, Italian or Spanish.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, assertive and a strong communicator
- Analytically minded, high level of precision and meticulous attention to detail
- Team player, and able to work responsibly alone
- Gaining valuable experience at a leading European association, representing, promoting and shaping an industry which grows and develops at a high pace
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- Internship payment of EUR 500.00 gross per month
- Hours: 40 hours a week (5 days)
- For a period of 3 to 6 months
- Based in Amsterdam
- Overnight travel may be required
Please submit your application in writing with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.