INREV – the European Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles – is looking for a Research Assistant to support the production and further improvement of INREVs research and market information products.
INREV is the leading source of industry insight, driving non-listed real estate forward in Europe. We are trusted by the industry for the quality and rigour of our research, analysis and insight. We have a rolling programme of set-piece research initiatives, but we also conduct academic research that furthers the field of non-listed real estate and ad-hoc research on key issues such as liquidity.
INREV’s market information is the leading source of accurate and comprehensive data on the non-listed real estate industry and includes several indices and non-listed vehicles databases. The INREV Indices and online index analysis tools support all aspects of the real estate investment process from asset allocation to performance measurement. The INREV Vehicle Universes contain information on non-listed real estate funds, debt funds and funds of funds.
INREV is Europe’s leading platform for the sharing of knowledge on the non-listed real estate industry. Our goal is to improve transparency, professionalism and best practices across the industry, making the non-listed real estate investment industry more accessible and attractive to investors. We are a highly active association, and work for and with our members.
The INREV team currently has 33 people, with 30 in the Amsterdam office and 3 in the Brussels office. There is a strong sense of team motivation, collaboration and excitement. New team members will be expected to share in this, contributing ideas on setting high service standards, increasing knowledge of INREV and expanding the associations’ competitiveness.
On a day-to-day basis, the Research Assistant will be contributing to the expansion and ongoing maintenance of INREV’s research and market information products, ensuring the quality, productivity and seamless delivery. The Research Assistant will work with the Research & Market Information team, focusing on the data collection process and improvements and expansion of data on the non-listed real estate industry.
- Supporting the ongoing production and improvement of INREV’s research and market information products with a focus on the INREV Indices. This includes data collection, verification, validation and analysis. Ensure outputs are delivered accurately, are of high quality and are timely.
- Proactively reach out to members and non-members to contribute data and information to INREV: the INREV Vehicles Universes, the INREV Indices, surveys and other projects as required.
- Provide supporting data and analysis for internal and external projects that use INREV’s primary sources of information.
- Actively contribute from a research and analytics perspective to other areas of INREV, such as professional standards, public affairs, events, training and communications.
- Support the Research & Market Information team in developing the vision for INREV’s market intelligence platform.
The Research Assistant is part of the Research & Market Information team which currently consists of seven people. You report directly to the Research & Analytics Manager. You will also work closely with the Director of Research and Market Information to ensure high quality output across all INREV data driven and market information services.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally with a major in statistics, mathematics, finance, economics or real estate.
- Some working experience in a related position and/ or previous knowledge of the non-listed real estate industry or alternative investment industry is prefereable.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral English (working language at INREV).
- Experience of data collection, data cleansing and analysing large datasets, writing reports, preparing and delivering presentations an advantage.
- Good analytical skills, good working knowledge of MS Office suite especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good understanding of statistical languages is an advantage, in particular Python and R
- Bonus is to be proficient in at least one European language in addition to English, strong preference for Dutch, German, French, Italian or Spanish.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, proactive, assertive and a strong communicator
- Analytically minded, high level of precision and attention to detail
- Team player, and able to work independently
- Become part of a leading European association that is representing, promoting and shaping a fast-paced and growing industry
- A young, energetic, multicultural and growing team
- Full time (40 hours a week) / annual leave of 25 days per year plus Dutch public holidays
- Based in Amsterdam. Overnight travel is occasionally required.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via button below.