The EU Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation (MiFID II/MiFIR) went into effect on 3 January 2018 and will have important implications for the non-listed real estate industry.
This webinar focuses on the road ahead for managers affected by MiFID II – whether because they are in-scope as discretionary portfolio managers, because they are caught by gold-plated provisions applicable to UCITS management companies or AIFMs – or otherwise. This webinar is led by partners Hannah Meakin and Imogen Garner of Norton Rose Fulbright together with John Davison, Head of Regulatory Projects at Norton Rose Fulbright. It covers the following topics:
- The most recent publications to be aware of
- Outstanding questions - the critical known unknowns
- Market reaction to documentation
- What should we have been doing if we weren’t ready?
- What should we be focussing on, post-implementation?
- Likely regulatory priorities
- What to expect next
- The wider context for asset management