In light of COVID-19, INREV has published the third Market Insights report of 2020, canvassing views from the membership to assess the dynamics and business-oriented consequences for the industry.
- Returns reverted to positive territory in Q3 2020, with the Asset Level Index quarterly total returns improving to 1.20%
- Most geographies posted positive total returns in Q3 with Germany performing the best, with a quarterly total return of 1.82%.
- Industrial / logistics posted the strongest quarterly total return among all sectors of 3.38% in Q3 2020.
- The application of material uncertainty clauses or equivalent decreased to 27% of the respondents to the INREV Valuations questionnaire
- Rent collection has improved for both open and closed end funds and across all sectors
- More employees have returned to working full-time from home as the second wave of COVID-19 hits Europe.
Download the Market insights December 2020 report and the COVID-19 Sentiment and Valuation Survey Q3 2020 Infographics
Over the four quarters of 2020, INREV canvassed views from the membership to assess the dynamics and business-oriented implications for the industry. A questionnaire on the impact of COVID-19 on valuations was issued in Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 followed by a sentiment survey. Results of the questionnaire and the sentiment survey have been used to create a snapshot for members.
A monthly member sentiment survey first conducted in May 2020 to understand the impact on investment plans, operations and expected market performance.