The Q3 2022 INREV Quarterly Fund Index delivered a total return of -1.60% in Q3 2022, down more than 4 percentage points from 2.61% recorded in Q2 2022.
The Q3 2022 release includes 293 funds with a combined GAV of €304.4 billion.
- Capital growth fell by more than 4 percentage points to -2.35% and distributed income return grew by 9 bps to 0.75%
- Open end funds recorded total returns of -1.79% in Q3 whereas total returns achieved by closed end funds amounted to -0.52%
- Core strategy funds recorded total returns of -1.71% in Q3 whereas total returns achieved by value added funds also declined but remained in positive territory at 0.20%
- In contrast to the outcome for the whole Index, German funds improved their total return performance in Q3 to 2.33%, up from 2.27% in the previous quarter
- In a dramatic reversal of fortune, industrial & logistics focused funds reported a decline in total returns from 4.61% in Q2 to -3.54% in Q3
View detailed analysis via the Index Analysis Tool or download the report, Excel and snapshots below.
INREV Quarterly Fund Index
The INREV Index is a performance index for European non-listed real estate funds investing 90% or more in Europe. The information for the quarterly goes back to Q2 2000. The Quarterly Index is published 8 weeks after the end of the quarter, and reports are available in PDF format. The reports cover the performance of non-listed funds in Euro, USD, GBP, JPY, AUD and in Local Currency and are available for members only, please login to download.