The role of investor relations in today's non-listed real estate industry is complex as it covers multiple responsibilities: fund raiser, internal and external client relationship manager, product designer and strategist. It has also become increasingly important as a lynchpin to maintain transparent and productive relationships between investors and investment managers.
This INREV Investor Relations and Communications course focuses on how this role touches on many aspects of investment managers’ work such as product development, capital raising, tax and regulatory issues and managing relationships with investors.
It examines the universe of investors and what is driving their investment requirements and an in-depth look at capital raising strategies and managing investor relations from launch to exit. It also outlines current issues for fund raisers such as first closings, barriers to securing allocations from investors and managing strategies for popular products such as club deals.
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and interaction to allow participants to share their views.
With investor relations being very focused on industry connections, the course kicks off with a networking dinner in the evening of Wednesday 14 September while the presentations and discussions take place on Thursday 15 September.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The latest trends in the real estate investor universe and their implications for managers;
- The role of investor relations in getting products to market;
- Communicating with potential and existing investors;
- Marketing to investors in the current regulatory environment;
- Managing exit strategies for investors; and
- Adapting investor relations strategies to the growing range of investment products.
Who should attend the course?
The course will be of interest for a broad range of professionals looking to improve their understanding of the role of investor relations as well as best practice in communications strategies between investors and investment managers. This could include investment managers, investor relations managers and advisors. It could also be highly beneficial for investors who are interested in gaining an understanding of how managers are managing issues such as marketing new investment products and exit strategies.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and have a good overview of best practice communication strategies between managers and investors;
- Gain an understanding of the role of investor relations in developing and raising capital for a new product;
- Understand the process of managing investor relations through the lifetime of an investment;
- Gain a good overview on current challenges facing investor relations;
- Understand how the growing range of investment products affects the role of investor relations.
This online course is open to members and non-members and counts towards the INREV/Henley Certificate for Non-listed Real Estate Investments as an Elective course.