Due diligence is the cornerstone of responsible investment decision-making and is an important process for both investors and investment managers. Due diligence also continues to evolve and this INREV online course addresses current issues and best practices in the due diligence process for non-listed real estate investments in the context of today's markets.
This INREV online course, which consists of four sessions across two weeks, examines investors’ due diligence process and selection criteria as well as how managers adapt to the changing needs of investors while managing the process efficiently. The course also takes a deep dive into specific topics related to legal and tax due diligence, operational due diligence as well as the growing roles of risk management and ESG-related factors.
The course is taught by leading industry players with an emphasis on group discussions. It also includes multiple case studies, which interlink across the course and culminate in one final case study for the last session.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The latest developments, best practices and challenges in the due diligence process for investors and managers;
- Insights into investors' due diligence process, selection criteria and requirements;
- How to manage business, legal, and operational due diligence efficiently;
- How to evaluate key ESG factors, including practical approaches for due diligence;
- Identifying key risks as part of the risk management process;
- How INREV tools support an efficient due diligence process.
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at professionals with several years of experience within the non-listed real estate investment industry. This could be institutional investors who wish to improve their knowledge of the due diligence process and better understand the practical applications, investment managers who want to gain a better understanding of what investors are currently looking at during their selection process as well as advisors who play a role in the due diligence process.
To ensure that all attendees begin at the same level, participants are required to complete the INREV Due Diligence elearning module prior to joining this course.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Have a good overview of due diligence best practice in the non-listed real estate industry for both investors and investment managers;
- Identify investors’ demands and key selection criteria;
- Understand current issues, including key elements of legal and regulatory implications and their impact on the due diligence process;
- Identify and understand the different risk items in the due diligence process in current markets and be able to propose solutions for these issues;
- Understand the increasing role of ESG-related factors and how to incorporate these in the process;
- Understand perspectives on portfolio management and operational due diligence.
Prerequisite eLearning module
For this due diligence course, INREV has introduced a 60-minute eLearning module as prerequisite for participation in the online course. This additional module make sure everyone is at the same level before they undertake the more advanced course.
The eLearning module Introduction to Effective Due Diligence will be made available for course participants via a link in the confirmation e-mail.
This course is open to members and non-members and counts towards the INREV/Henley Certificate for Non-Listed Real Estate Investments.