In an increasingly sophisticated industry, the ability to evaluate and compare performance is an important factor in supporting investment decision-making and attracting further allocations to non-listed real estate. The INREV Performance Measurement Analysis online course examines the building blocks of performance measurement as well as how the industry puts it into practice. The course covers approaches and challenges of performance measure, the investor and investment manager perspectives, as well as the path to further standardisation and improvements.
This online course, which takes place over three sessions between 08 and 16 December 2022, is delivered by leading industry experts through presentations with plenty of time for Q&A and group discussion, as well as individual and group assignments.
The online course will cover:
- How performance measurement is used in practice by institutional investors
- Fund-level performance and how to measure it from an investment manager perspective
- The challenges of peer comparison in the non-listed real estate industry
- How investment performance standards and guidelines apply to the non-listed real estate industry
Who should attend the online course?
The online course is aimed at experienced professionals with working experience in the non-listed real estate industry and who want to improve their knowledge of performance measurement its practical application or gain a better understanding of the appropriate use of data and reporting of performance information. Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the appropriate use of data in performance measurement and reporting
- Comprehend and have a good overview of performance measurement practice within the industry
- Have a good overview of reporting standards for performance evaluation
- Understand the availability and use of indices from an investor and investment manager perspectives including their benefits and limitations
This course is open to members and non-members and counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments