The INREV Foundation Course is an introduction to all the major aspects of the non-listed real estate industry. It is the perfect opportunity for newcomers to the industry to learn about the fundamentals of non-listed real estate, or for others to broaden their knowledge of the industry.
During this online course, you will learn about the overall appeal of non-listed real estate, the drivers and strategies for the various industry players as well as the current dynamics of the market in the context of the macroeconomic and geopolitical environment. Besides, you'll examine emerging areas of best practice including ESG and impact investing, which are becoming of growing importance to investors and managers.
You’ll also learn about how INREV supports transparency and professionalism through the INREV Guidelines and other best practice including due diligence, INREV NAV and performance measurement.
The course is a mix of online presentations from leading industry experts, interactive questions, group discussions and case studies with an emphasis on practical takeaways to help you in your day-to-day work. This is a multi-week course, consisting of seven on-demand eLearning modules and homework assignments, combined with three online live sessions.
Who should attend the course?
The course will be of interest for a broad range of entry-level professionals looking to improve their understanding of the different aspects of the non-listed market or those who are new to this part of the market. It would also suit those professionals who specialise in one aspect of non-listed real estate, and would benefit from a wider perspective across the industry.
Upon completion of the online course participants will:
- Understand the appeal of real estate and what drives investors to allocate to the asset class;
- Have a good overview of investors and investment managers and their main roles and responsibilities;
- Have a good overview of the evolution of ESG in the non-listed real estate industry;
- Understand the role of the INREV Guidelines, including INREV NAV and Reporting Guidelines;
- Examine how investors and managers undertake robust due diligence;
- Gain a good overview of performance measurement methodologies.