Operational real estate (OpRE) has gained popularity among institutional investors in recent years, bringing with it a different risk-return profile for investments and consequent changes for investment decision-making, fund structuring and governance. This Operational Real Estate course examines this emerging landscape. Through this course, industry professionals will gain a deeper understanding of the merits of OpRE and learn how to evaluate risk and return in OpRE investments.
In case you have any questions, please reach out to INREV Academy.
The course will look at how OpRE is defined and why capital is flowing into the different operational sectors, examing the benefits of this investment approach and which players are leading its development.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the merits and characteristics of OpRE investments
- Examples of different OpRE models in practice
- Evolving governance and challenges for OpRE vehicles
- The institutional investor’s perspective on OpRE investments
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand the merits and characteristics of OpRE investments
- Understand the current landscape of OpRE, including key players and sectors
- Evaluate risk and return in OpRE investments
- Better critique vehicle structure, governance and fee models
- Understand how managers wishing to gain operational real estate exposure may need to adapt
- Understand the rationale for institutional investors allocating to OpRE vehicles
This course is relevant for real estate professionals who understand the basics of OpRE but would like to deepen their knowledge with a particular focus on the different risk-return profiles, operating models and fund structuring.