This INREV one-day course will provide delegates with a practical understanding of tax and legal aspects that need to be taken into consideration when structuring a new vehicle.
Participants will acquire a good understanding of the key tax and legal drivers of a robust and efficient non-listed real estate vehicle structure. Topics covered include efficient tax structures from both a fund strategy and investor point of view, strong decision-making and corporate governance frameworks.
The course will also examine the impact of new tax and regulatory regimes on the non-listed real estate industry with a special focus on the implications of BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Shifting)/ATAD (Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive), BREXIT and MiFID II.
Finally, it will also address key fund terms and market trends.
With a mix of lectures, group discussions and case studies, participants will learn how to execute and integrate tax and legal considerations into the fund structuring process.
The course will cover:
• Tax considerations: for the investor, the vehicle, and the assets
• Recent developments and current approaches to fund structuring
• OECD BEPS Action Plan and ATAD’s impact on product development
• Building in the right corporate governance framework
• Fund terms and legal documentation
Who should attend?
The course will be of interest to investors, fund managers as well as advisors involved in this part of the non-listed real estate industry who wish to gain an understanding of fund structuring or refresh their knowledge. Applicants should have several years of experience within the real estate funds industry.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will have
- A strong ability to recognise and analyse the key tax and legal drivers of effective fund structuring
• Gained a good overview of the regulatory issues that should be considered when investing
• Learnt about recent changes and trends in fund structuring
This course is open to members and non-members and it counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.