The INREV Foundation course, is designed to introduce attendees to the non-listed real estate industry, providing an overview of all the major aspects of investing indirectly.
This two-day course addresses who the investors are and where non-listed real estate investments sit within their portfolios.
It looks at the investment managers and their interaction with investors when setting the framework for informed and transparent investing through good due diligence, corporate governance and reporting. It also covers external drivers such as regulation, as well as the latest trends impacting the industry, including ESG.
The course includes the following topics:
- Main real estate investment approached Investor strategy for allocating to non-listed real estate vehicles as well as the size and potential of the institutional market
- An overview and analysis of the players in the market and the development of the investment management industry
- Key aspects affecting distribution for funds and other indirect vehicles such as corporate governance, due diligence and regulation
- Latest developments in ESG
- Introduction to the INREV Guidelines and the reporting framework including the principles underlying INREV NAV
- Liquidity and exit options for funds and other products such as termination and secondary trading
Who should attend the course:
The course is aimed at newcomers to the non-listed real estate investment industry, including investors, fund managers and advisors, as well as those with few years of work experience in the sector who could benefit from more practical knowledge of other aspects of the sector.
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and case studies to allow participants to share their views.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a non-listed real estate investment strategy from an investor and investment manager perspective
- Master jargon and industry terminology
- Comprehend the main aspects of the INREV Guidelines, their role in the industry and more specifically the fundamentals of INREV Net Asset Value
- Gain a good oversight of liquidity and secondary trading issues for non-listed property vehicles