Comprehensive and proactive Risk Management is key to optimising the potential of a real estate portfolio. This INREV one-day course is designed to extend participants’ practical knowledge and understanding about Risk Management for non-listed real estate vehicles from both the investor and fund manager perspectives.
The course will start with an overview of Risk Management within an overall alternative portfolio before focusing on risk management for non-listed real estate portfolios. It will provide delegates with the latest approaches and techniques to strategic risk management and examine how to improve risk reporting and monitoring.
The course will also examine the regulatory requirements related to Risk Management with a special focus on the pros and cons of delegating the risk management function.
The course will cover the following topics:
- An overview of risk within alternative portfolios
- Risk management framework
- How to identify traditional fund risks
- Different approaches to measuring and mitigate risk in your portfolio
- How to improve reporting and monitoring of risk
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and a business case study will allow participants to share their views and gain a better understanding of the Risk Management process. The case study will make use of the knowledge gained during the presentations.
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at experienced professionals with several years of practice within the non-listed real estate funds industry. This could be attendees who wish to improve their knowledge of Risk Management or others who need to expand their knowledge of Risk Management for non-listed property funds. The course is suitable for middle to senior management which could include CFO, CIO, CRO, Finance Directors at a fund level, or Portfolio or Risk Managers at an investor level. The course is open to INREV members and non-members.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive overview of risk management
- Identify the potential impact of risk in an indirect investment
- Better understand approaches to risk measurement and monitoring
- Evaluate techniques for risk management and mitigation
This course qualifies towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate