This INREV course will address current issues and changes in the due diligence process for non-listed investments in the context of today’s markets.
Investors and fund managers face changing priorities in the due diligence process with governance, risk management, portfolio management, operational issues and compliance gaining strong attention.
This course will examine the latest due diligence issues and outline how to manage business, legal and operational due diligence efficiently.
The course will begin with an investor’s view of current issues, followed by a session on performing fund manager due diligence, and will also include a fund manager’s view on how to adapt to changing needs of investors during the due diligence process.
The course will be a mix of presentations, discussions and case studies from experienced market players.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The latest developments in the due diligence process and their implications for investors and fund managers;
- Identifying key risks in the process of the due diligence of the fund manager and fund;
- How to manage business, legal, and operational due diligence efficiently;
- Overview of the INREV Due Diligence Questionnaire new structure
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and a case study to allow participants to share their views.
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at experienced professionals with several years of practice within the non-listed real estate investment industry. This could be institutional investors who wish to improve their knowledge of the due diligence process, understand the practical applications and those fund managers who want to gain a better understanding of what investors are currently looking at during their fund selection.
The course is suitable for middle to senior management at a fund level and/or Portfolio Managers at an investor level. The course is open to INREV members and non-members.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and have a good overview of efficient due diligence practice in the non-listed real estate industry;
- Understand current issues, including key elements of legal and regulatory implications and their impact on the due diligence process;
- Identify and understand the different risk items in the due diligence process in current markets and be able to propose solutions for these issues;
- Understand perspectives on portfolio management and operational due diligence.
This course is open to members and non-members and it counts towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.