The role of investor relations in today's non-listed real estate industry is complex as it covers multiple responsibilities: fund raiser, internal and external client relationship manager, product designer and strategist.
The role is an increasingly important lynchpin in maintaining transparent and productive relationships between investors and fund managers.
This one-day INREV course focuses on that role and best practice for investor. It looks at the universe of investors and what is driving their investment requirements. It examines the role of investor relations in product development and how to manage dialogue with investors during capital raising and launch right through to exit within the current regulatory landscape. It outlines current issues for fund raisers such as issues around first closings, barriers to securing allocations from investors and managing strategies for popular products such as club deals.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The latest trends in the real estate investor universe and their implications for fund managers;
- The role of investor relations in getting products to market;
- Communicating with potential and existing investors;
- Marketing to investors in the current regulatory environment;
- Managing exit strategies for investors; and
- Adapting investor relations strategies to the growing range of investment products
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and case studies to allow participants to share their views.
Who should attend the course?
The course will be of interest for professionals looking to improve their understanding of the role of investor relations and best practice in communications strategies between investors and fund managers. This could include fund managers, investor relations managers and advisors. It could also be beneficial for investors who are interested in gaining an understanding of how fund managers are managing issues such as marketing new investment products and exit strategies.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Comprehend and have a good overview of best practice communication strategies between fund managers and investors;
- Gain an understanding of the role of investor relations in developing and raising capital for a new product
- Understand the process of managing investor relations through the lifetime of an investment
- Gain a good overview on current challenges facing investor relations
- Understand how the growing range of investment products will affect the role of investor relations
This course qualifies towards the INREV/ Henley Certificate