Comprehensive and proactive Risk Management is key to optimising the potential of a real estate portfolio and more relevant than ever in the current market environment. The INREV online course Risk Management for Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles consists of a series of four sessions between 27 and 30 October 2020 and is designed to extend participants’ practical knowledge and understanding about Risk Management from both the investor- and fund manager perspective.
The online course will start with an overview of Risk Management within an overall alternative portfolio before focusing on risk management for non-listed real estate portfolios. It will provide attendees with the latest approaches and techniques to strategic risk management and the consequences brought to us by Covid-19 on the risk management functions. During the online course we will also examine the growing importance of ESG and climate risks.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of managing risk
- Managing risk in a global real estate portfolio
- Risk to performance and embedding of risk frameworks into the investment processes
- Traditional property risks
- The consequences brought to us by Covid-19
- The role of ESG and climate risks
The online course will be given by leading industry experts in the field of Risk Management.
Who should attend the course?
The online course is aimed at experienced professionals with several years of practice within the non-listed real estate investment industry. This could be attendees who wish to improve their knowledge of Risk Management or others who need to expand their knowledge of Risk Management for non-listed property vehicles. The course is suitable for middle to senior management which could include CFO, CIO, CRO, Finance Directors at a fund level, or Portfolio or Risk Managers at an investor level. The course is open to INREV members and non-members.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive overview of risk management
- Identify the potential impact of risk in an indirect investment
- Better understand approaches to risk measurement and monitoring
- Evaluate techniques for risk management and mitigation
This online course is open to members and non-members and it counts towards the INREV/Henley Certificate for non-listed real estate investments.