The INREV Foundation Course provides attendees with an overview of all the major aspects of non-listed property investment. This two-day course addresses who the investors are and where non-listed real estate investments sit within their portfolios.
It looks at the investment managers and their interplay with investors when setting the framework for informed and transparent investing through good due diligence, corporate governance and reporting. It also covers external drivers such as tax and regulation as well as the latest trends including sustainability.
The course includes the following topics:
- Investor strategy for allocating to non-listed real estate vehicles as well as the size and potential of the institutional market.
- An overview and analysis of the players in the market and the development of the fund management industry.
- Key aspects affecting fund and other indirect property vehicles launches such as corporate governance, tax, due diligence and regulation.
- Latest developments for sustainable investments
- An introduction to the INREV Guidelines and the reporting framework including the principles behind INREV NAV .
- Liquidity and exit options for funds and other products such as terminations and secondary trading
Who should attend the course:
The course is aimed at newcomers to the non-listed real estate investment industry including investors, fund managers and advisors as well as those with few years of work experience in the sector who could benefit from more knowledge across the workings of the sector.
The course will be given by leading industry experts with an emphasis on group discussions and case studies to allow participants to share their views.
Upon completion of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a non-listed real estate investment strategy from an investor and investment manager perspective
- Have a good overview of the building blocks in the due diligence process and how that has changed recently
- Comprehend the main aspects of the INREV Guidelines, their role in the industry and more specifically the fundamentals of INREV Net Asset Value
- Gain a good oversight of liquidity and secondary trading issues for non-listed property vehicles