Investing in Europe: Market, Regulation and Reporting Fundamentals for Non-listed Real Estate industry
The European non-listed real estate industry has undergone a rapid transformation in the last decade. It now provides investors – including those from US and Canada - with an accessible route to support diversification within a pan-regional or global real estate portfolio.
This one-day INREV course will bring hands-on expertise to NY to share the latest trends shaping the European non-listed industry.
It will be a great opportunity to gain valuable insight into European investors’ strategies and requirements as well as the size of the market.
The course will also allow participants to gain a solid understanding of the current regulatory landscape and the implications for the industry, as well as to learn about best practice for fund structuring and reporting in Europe. Participants will learn about the key tax drivers underlying the robust and efficient set up of a non-listed real estate vehicle.
Finally, it will also examine current reporting market best practices and methodologies with a focus on the INREV Reporting framework, INREV NAV principles and INREV NAV calculation.
The course will include the following topics:
- Investor strategy as well as the size and potential of the European institutional market
- The role of INREV in the global real estate investment market
- European regulatory framework and the impact of Brexit
- Tax implications for investors in Europe: how to reconcile needs and preferences of Europeans and North Americans
- INREV reporting framework and INREV NAV
Who should attend the course?
The course is aimed at professionals who are already active in Europe or are considering adding European non-listed real estate vehicles to their investment portfolio; generally experienced professionals with several years of practice who wish to improve their knowledge of the European market. The course is suitable for all types of participants including investors, fund managers and advisors.
The course is open to INREV members and non-members.
The course will be given by leading industry experts from Europe with an emphasis on group discussions and a case study to allow participants to share their views. The course will be restricted to a maximum of 25 participants.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of a non-listed real estate strategy from a European investor’s perspective
- Comprehend the main aspects of the INREV Guidelines, their role in the industry and more specifically the fundamentals of INREV NAV and reporting
- Gain clear oversight of the regulatory aspects in Europe and their impact on the industry, product development and marketing
- Understand the tax implications for investment in Europe